Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kids Club

I have the opportunity to work with our elementary youth group at church. I am one of the leaders and serve under Miss Deb Jones. It so heart lifting to go in and see the kids and their enthusiasm for the lesson, the games and the time spent together. The group meets on the first Friday of every month and we are studying the parables of Jesus with them.
As a leader my responsibility is to choose the songs we sing and make a review game from the past lessons we've had. Deb leads the lesson and Bethany Clark does the games.
I must admit the first time my dad asked me to help out, I really didn't want to do it. After I did go, I realized how much I loved working with the kids and just being with them. They are a great group and it is exciting to see them grow.
This year, we have the kids writing to some orphans in the Philippians and for Christmas, we put together little goodie bags with our kids to send to them. It's grand to see the excitement the kids had when putting these bags together.

I am so thankful for the opportunity God has given me to be a leader for Kids Club and make an impact in these kids' lives.  

1 comment:

  1. That is a great opportunity. Thanks for including the picture. I'm sure there are many times when you don't feel like doing it. However, you can be a huge blessing to those kids. I'm sure they look up to you and want to be just like you someday.

    ReplyDelete