Thursday, May 10, 2012

War Horse Movie Review

This past Saturday I watched the movie War Horse with my mom and I thought I would do a review about it.
Overall, I think the movie War Horse was very well done and historically accurate. The movie really should pull at your emotions and I think they were very effective at doing that. The movie is about a horse who is taken to be used in WWI for the British soldiers. We see Joey passed from the British to the Germans and then back to his original owner who trained him and didn't want his father to see Joey. All of the people Joey gets passed to die except for his original owner whose name is Albert.
The trench warfare was well filled. 
The only violence in the film is war violence( soldiers getting gassed, shot, ETC) and some cruelty to the horses. Joey at one point gets trapped in barbed wire and struggles to get free. Two young Germans are shot for deserting ( You hear the gun shot and then see them on the ground). There is some language in the movie also.
All in all I really enjoyed the film and would watch it again.


1 comment:

  1. I saw the movie, too. Your review is a good one. I was pleased that there wasn't a lot of "blood and gore". The viewer knows what's happening, but doesn't see the bloody detail.

    ReplyDelete