Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Showing Cows

This summer I am showing cows for the first time with my friend Becky Benedict and her family. They registered a calf under my name too!!! I didn't buy her but, it's kinda like a lease thing. So in a sense..I have my own calf. My calf's name is Winipeg and she is adorable. She's afraid of everything right now and gets startled easily. But with lots of work and love, she's get better.
I will be showing in two fairs right now: Shippensburg Fair and Franklin County Fair. There is also a fair in Harrisburg in October, but I am not sure if I will show there. Since Winipeg is under my name, I can show her in the Junior class and Open class. Having her under my name just means that I can participate in more events. I am also now a member of the Holstein Association.
So far I have learned how to clip cows. I actually learned  during  Friday Dutchfest set up and they said I did a good job for my first time. Then this past saturday [May 12] I clipped Winipeg with Becky at her house. We also clipped Becky's show calf whose name is Catlin.
I  have to go out soon and start leading Winipeg and practice for shows. It will be fun and I am thankful for the opportunity.

Shaving Winipeg     






Winipeg 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for adding the pictures. She's a cutie! Good for you taking on a new interest and skill. I hope that it is fun for you. If I get to either of those fairs this summer, I'll look for you and Winipeg.

    ReplyDelete