Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Camp Susque Retreat 2012

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to the Hazelton Retreat that I went to last year. It is a Reformed Baptist retreat for Sr. High and it is such a fun time.The fellowship is truly wonderful.  Our speaker this year was Jeremy Mendenhall and he spoke the matters of God's kingdom. I learned a lot and it was such a blessing to hear him speak from God's word. Interestingly enough, Pastor Mendenhall and his wife were at my baptism and he knows my father.
One of my favorite things at the retreat was the night game. It was called underground church and we had to find the underground/secret church and not get caught by the counselors who were the police. Did i mention the game is played in complete darkness the counselors have flashlights and are trying to catch us. Once you got to the church you got a bible and had to wait for 14 people to get there so that you could go out and give one to the counselors. All in all it was fun game. I wore black shirts and hat so as not to get caught. I manged  to skid on stones and scrap my side and elbows. It was great.
It was definately sad for me to leave but and I am super stoked about next year.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get to the underground church without getting caught? Sounds like a fun game and a fun experience.

    ReplyDelete