Thursday, September 8, 2011

Want I want to do

I love animals and hopefully, the Lord willing, would like to be a veterinarian assistant (Vet Tech). I can remember since I was little, i was facinated by the show Emergency Vets on Animal Planet. I can remember sitting glued to the television, watching the vets untwist a dog's stomach and remove a wallaby's eye that had an infection in it. I think it was then i decided i wanted to be a veterinarian, although when i got older i decided to be a veterinarian assitant.
This past summer my family started watching the BBC show All Creatures Great and Small. The series is based off the books by James Herriot who was a vet in Yorkshire, England in the 1930's. After watching the show, it renewed my desire to be a vet tech.
My uncle is a vet and each year at the beach he lets me help him when he gives Uncle Russ' dogs their shots. I fill up the syringes and this year got to help him when he drew blood from one of the dogs. I learn something each summer from him and am looking forward to the opportunity to shadow at his practice sometime next summer.
The road to being a vet tech will be hard for me because math isnt my best subject, but I know God can help me do well. I am getting better at science and am determined to do a very good job this year.
God willing, i would love to be a vet assistant and care for God's creatures.

1 comment:

  1. Untwisting a dog's stomach and removing a wallaby's eye - and that convinced you to be a vet assistant? Seriously, Lindsay, you are fortunate to be so confident in what you want to do when you are finished school. Not many your age are so certain.

    If those things fascinate you, then I'm sure the routine things will be a breeze! You will probably do well!

    ReplyDelete