Monday, September 5, 2011

Collections

            As long as I can remember, I have gotten a new Christmas ornament each year. It is kind of a tradition here at our house and I have many different ornaments that are each hold a special memory. One of my favorite ones is the one we got in Maine when my family went to Bar Harbor. It is a little lighthouse and reminds me of the sea. I also have the ornaments from my first Christmas. It has my baby picture in it and I put it on the tree every year. There was another one that was building blocks with a toddler holding a star that is one of my absolute favorite ones. I think it is neat to see how we have grown and the different ornaments we have collected and received from Mom and Dad. I think it is cool how even my momma has ornaments since she and Daddy got married. They have the one they got on their first Christmas which takes its place in the center of the tree. Mom also has the ornaments that her students gave her when she was a teacher many years ago.
            I look forward one day to putting the ornaments I have received from my mom and day, on my own tree and reminiscing of the days gone by. Who knows? Maybe I will even do the same for my kids so that when they have their own home, they too can put up the ornaments on their tree.

1 comment:

  1. Collecting ornaments is a nice family tradition. My kids have gotten ornaments from me or their one grandmother. I don't think they have one from every year, but they have a bunch. Looking at them does bring back memories. It makes for a full tree!

    ReplyDelete