Friday, April 27, 2012

Childhood in a trunk

1. Bo. Bo.
 I wouldn't dream of put it in the trunk, but a special item from my childhood is my FAVORITE stuffed rabbit,   named Bo. Bo. I got him when I was one year old and sleep with him every night. Bo went on almost every trip with me and I used to drag him around the house when I was younger. Bo is very worn out now but I intend to keep him forever.

2. The Disney movie Pocahontas
 Pocahontas was my all time favorite movie when I was little. I used to watch it all the time! We were constantly checking it out of the local library. It also got to the point where I was Pocahontas for Halloween one year. John Smith was always my favorite character and Meeko the raccoon always made me laugh. This movie definitely was part of my childhood.

3. Recorded Stories i listened to at night
 A lady that was at our old church, whose name is Mrs. Leone, read and recorded many different children stories onto a cassette for me when I was little. I listened to that tape until it wouldn't work anymore. Some of the stories were Paul Reveres' Ride, Make way for Ducklings, Goodnight Moon, and many others. Mrs. Leone had a very soothing voice, perfect for reading children books. I can still remember some of the stories that she read on that tape. That is definitely a strong childhood memory for me.


1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that someone would take the time to record those stories for you. What a treasure! I'm sure you'll always have that memory and the others, too.

    ReplyDelete