Thursday, October 6, 2011

Playing Guitar

  One of my hobbies is playing guitar. I took piano for six years and was very glad to move onto another instrument. It's not that I didn't enjoy piano, if fact I enjoy it still. I guess I just wanted to do something new and different. Guitar was not easy when I first started taking lessons for it and was definitely a challenge. I took lessons from Mrs. Dottie Klein for two to three years (I can't remember exactly). I then stopped and have just been playing on my own. I even have started writing my own music since last summer. I love writing and so to be able to combine that with my love of guitar playing makes it even better. I have written a variety of songs from ones in support of the military to Ireland and the sea.
I own a blue Indiana Guitar (that's the brand name) and it is a really nice acoustic electric guitar. Acoustic electric just means that it can be plugged into an amp, although I do not own an amp. I would really like to own a McPherson guitar some day since they are very nice guitars.
Keith Harkin of Celtic Thunder plays guitar really well and also composes his own music. I guess you can he's my inspiration to keep up with guitar and write songs. But God is the true inspiration in everything! I have written songs about Christ and His saving mercies.
I think guitar is something I don’t want to put down ever because I love to play and sing so much.

Keith Harkin

1 comment:

  1. Good for you and your perseverance! Even if you never become an expert, you're developing a skill that you will be able to enjoy and get personal satisfaction. Writing your own songs is an added benefit.

    ReplyDelete