Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Paintball

There is nothing more fun then paintball. First of all, they hand you a gun loaded with paintballs and then let you shoot people...what could be better. (I do have a non-violent side...just not when I am playing paintball). Paintball is one of the things I ended up being very good at. I had my first chance to go paint-balling this summer at Family Conference. Let me tell you, I WAS TERRIFIED. Okay, I was only terrified right after lunch but still.
We went to a course that was near the Conference center and got suited up. We actually ended up being given camouflage cover-ups which added padding and we also had to wear masks to protect our eyes. My team defended the fort first and I was stationed towards the front on the left side where I could fire at those who tried to come around the back. The round started and I used the technique of snap-shooting (when you peek out from the barrier hiding you, fire twice and then duck back down), which proved to be very helpful. I lasted the whole round and ended up being the last stander until I was hit in the neck. (We were playing elimination). The second round our team assaulted the fort and I hunkered down behind a barrel toward the back of the field and ended up being the last one left again. My team yelled for me to surrender and I did or else it would have been messy :). We had not planned on playing a third round but those who didn't want to play gave their paintballs to others who did and I ended up receiving quite a bit in addition to the ammo I still had left. It was back to the fort and I stationed myself at the front middle of the fort and returned to the tactic of snap-shooting. I shot some guy in the back and got him out. I once again was last but I had ran out of ammo before a fellow teammate was shot and swapped me guns so I could hold down the fort. It ended up being that I was in a corner and an enemy was waiting so that when I jumped out he could get me. I stuck my gun out and shot and then gave it my all and jumped out to meet him. We exchanged point bank fire and I was down. The round was over and I had survived all three rounds. I had not expected this and was quite shocked. Even though it was only paintball, I gave the glory of that victory to God.
A week from this Saturday, I will have another opportunity to go paintballing again in Dillsburg with my friends youth group and am very excited.
Paintball is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take your word for it! Sounds brutal! You must be good at the game which makes it fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete