Monday, March 12, 2012

The Phantom of the Opera(stage production) Review

One of my favorite musicals has to be the phantom of the opera. I just watched it on Saturday evening on the PBS station. It was the 25th anniversary concert of the show! It was very enjoyable, but I did discover that opera can be obnoxious sometimes depending on the singer. The Phantom was played by Ramin Karimloo who also starred in Les Miserables. He is an excellent singer.
I had never seen a stage production of the Phantom of the opera and had only seen the movie which I'd done a previous blog about. There are definitely some differences between and movie and a stage production. The actors/performers got into character and did a fantastic job. Ramin (the Phantom) did an excellent job portraying the emotions the Phantom would have felt (anger with Raoul, desperation, loneliness, and of course...suspense).
I still have to say that I think I like the movie more.


Ramin Karimloo as the Phantom of the Opera


1 comment: