Thursday, December 8, 2011

Winter Time and Musings

I love winter time. It seems like an especially cheery time because of Christmas and celebrating Christ's birth. I do have to say that I don't enjoy the cold though. I love the snow and looking at it but just not the frigid temperatures that come along with it.
I think that it is amazing how God makes each snowflake different. They never have the same design or pattern. Each is special, just like we are. God has made each of us unique and different in a special way. Snow also reminds me of how Christ wipes away our sins through his death on the cross and makes us as white as snow.
Another fun thing about winter is getting to make snow forts or snowmen. I made a pretty cool for the other winter and was actually able to hide down inside it and not be seen. At our old house when we got that big snow storm a few years ago. I dug a deep snow pit on the edge of our yard and was able to sit down in it and not be seen at all! It was so fun making it.
Winter means cozy times with family, Christmas time, snow and so much more.

1 comment:

  1. Nice reflections. I like winter, even the cold. I just don't like to be out in it. I'll sit in the house, sip my coffee and watch the world go by outside! It seems like life slows a bit in the winter. It gets dark and I just want to stay home and snuggle up on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete