Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Ride Home

The week at my uncle's beach house had come to a close. It had been a fun filled week and I think I was ready to go home to my own bed. I must confess that I HATE long car rides and here are a few reasons why: my seat belt always seems to constrict my waist, my dad cranks the air-conditioning up really high and I get bored. This year we had a solution to help time pass quickly: a portable DVD player. We borrowed it from some close friends of ours along with some movies. I decided that on the way home I would watch the fourth Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. On the way down I had watched one of my favorite ones: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Watching movies in the car did help time go by quickly. Much to my annoyance I feel asleep and woke up in the middle of the movie and missed the first part. Oh well. We got to go over this really cool bridge that was very long. You could say that was one of the highlights of the entire four hour car ride. Another highlight for me was going past Sight and Sound Theaters in Lancaster. It was nice to finally be home.


                                       
                 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found a way to entertain yourself on a long car ride. They can get very boring! When my kids were really little they liked to play "20 questions". That was fun for a while and then I got bored!

    ReplyDelete